The Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds, established at the Baltimore Community Foundation in 2012, is designed to provide mini-grants to nonprofit orgs. To facilitate their good works in neighborhoods and schools when funding from other sources is not available.
Volunteers: please encourage your organizations to apply!
- Have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or a fiscal agent;
- Serve Baltimore City;
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, color, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation;
- Apply for a project whose budget is no more than $10,000.
$250 – $2,500
The purposes to which Mitzvah Fund monies may be applied are broadly defined. Examples might include:
- $250 to a recreation center to purchase bats, balls, and bases for a summer softball league
- $500 to a senior center to purchase art supplies for activities for an adult daycare program
- $1,000 to an elementary school to purchase musical instruments for an after-school music program
The Mitzvah Fund does not make grants for:
- Start-up organizations
- Capital campaigns, building construction, renovations or other capital projects
- Multiple years
- Institution of higher education
- Projects that do not serve the Baltimore community
This fund accepts grant proposals on a rolling basis as funds are available.